Friday 4 July 2014

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Lightscapade; New Packaging Review!

Hi lovelies!
Long time, no blog!
My life has been pretty hectic and my brain has been destroyed by essay deadlines.
But I'm back! And I have a few ideas for the next few weeks including my Mac lipstick collection which is out of hand. 
I've added 7 more lipsticks since this picture. But I did sell the palette... So justified? Probably not... Anyway...

More about MAC, less about lipstick.
I'm sure you've heard everyone rave about how amazing MAC Mineralize Skinfinish are. I love the ones that are released with limited edition collections most but last week I decided to invest in Lightscapade- my first from the permanent line. At £23 (previously £22), they're not the cheapest, but they are worth it. 

I ordered from House of Fraser with my 10% student discount. Although I ordered at 9:40pm I was still able to collect it at 11am the next day- great service. 

When I opened the packaging, I was quite shocked...

Had I bought a fake from House of Fraser?? 

No, despite it looking like a eBay MAC fake, it was the real thing but repackaged! 
In May, MAC decided it would be a fabulous idea to change all their skinfinish products to this bulky, tacky packaging. 

Old packaging on the left, new packaging on the right.

This, of course, was my first impression. I really hated it and how it didn't match my others. I really considered asking someone on Depop to swap for an old version or to just send it back and buy a used one. 

However, I decided it wasn't worth the risk of getting scammed or receiving a fake product. And it is just packaging, the product itself is still the same. 

So now I've come to terms with the change, I don't mind it. It is sturdier; I'm a little clumsy and this feels like if it was dropped, the plastic wouldn't immediately fall out (hint hint MAC blush!).
I also love that is has a curved bottom which means that they stack on top of each other easily. 


Now for the product itself...
Lightscapade is a gorgeous shimmery white gold highlighter.

It is more suited to paler skin tones. The highlight is quite obvious, but it is very easy to blend out or build up as you require. It is quite long-lasting and it doesn't emphasise pores.
I really need to try Soft and Gentle next!
Have you tried either? Let me know in the comments! Also let me know what your favourite Mac Mineralize Skinfinish is!

Lots of love
xoxo

My nails this month <3

No comments:

Post a Comment