Wednesday 14 May 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in 04 Peach Club and 02 Frambourjoise


Hi my lovelies!
I was supposed to post Monday, but I had a funeral Tuesday and things were a bit tough so I decided to push my plans back a day or two! But in future I will try to post on Monday, Wednesday and Friday!
Anyway, onto the good stuff... Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick.
There are mixed reviews but Youtuber LauraLovesBeautyX reviewed Peach Club and I knew I had to have it! 

They are liquid lipsticks with a matte finish. I think people associate matte lipsticks with winter, but I love them all year round for their staying power and the look they give! 
I got the shades Peach Club and Frambourjoise. Peach Club is a gorgeous dark but bright coral/orange with red undertones. Frambourjoise is pink berry red. Both are very opaque, not drying even though they are matte and you don't need to go out of your way to apply a balm beforehand (although I would advise it). 
Without flash
With flash

They claim 24 hour wear, which seems ridiculous. I don't know why you would need to wear a lipstick for 24 hours. But the staying power is really good. I wore Frambourjoise for 8 hours. I ate, I drank (excuse the drunk photo below!) and it was still there, almost as vibrant and opaque as when I first applied it. I took the tube out with me to reapply but it never left my handbag. I've worn both colours and although both colours wear really well and for a long period of time, Frambourjoise takes the edge as it showed little to no sign of wear. These products wear evenly too, they don't leave that horrible lip line around the edges but no product in the middle (if you've used a lip stain or other long wearing liquid lipstick, you'll know what I mean).
At 4pm (above)
At 12 o'clock (below)

I'm a bit wary of bright colours, particularly on a night out for fear of them smudging all over my face. However, this product stayed where it was and stayed all night. To make the colour last longer, i'd recommend applying a first coat, blotting it with tissue before reapplying.

Application can be a bit tricky. they have the standard lipgloss style applicator, but with such a thick pigmented product, it can over apply at the edges. Once you get the hang of it, it's fine and a quick dab with a tissue and you're sorted. 

So what's the verdict?
You can probably tell that I really like the formula of these lipsticks. The big issue I have is the colour range, I wish there was a bigger variety. A lot of the colours are very similar. 
A lighter pink or peach would be great for summer!
At £8.99 each, they're quite expensive for drugstore lipsticks. The formula and last power sets them apart from other drugstore lip products i've used which justifies the price. Boots and superdrug are alway doing 3 for 2 and buy one get one half price though so i'd definitely recommend checking these out. 
I'd really like to try Pink Pong next, but after that, I won't buy any more unless they release more shades as the others are too similar to what I already have.

Lots of love and puggy kisses 
LilyBettie and Elsie 
xoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment