Tuesday 22 July 2014

Drugstore/high street favourites!

I can't help but gravitate towards high end items. Rather than splurge in Boots on lots of products, I'd prefer to save up and get one product. However, there are some things in the drugstore/on the high street that I think are as good as or better than their high end counter parts.


As someone wurh super oily skin, I have to use a powder. Although my favourite powder of all time is Mac studio fix powder with foundation, I choose Rimmel Stay Matte powder as a setting powder everyday. It doesn't add any colour to the face so you can use this with high coverage foundations. With medium coverage foundation and less, I use this on the areas that need less coverage and use Mac studio fix on the areas that need more, usually my nose. At £3.99, it helps my Mac powder last longer and saves me money long term! 

This is another item you've probably heard loads about, Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. This is nearly as good as the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. As you've probably heard people say a million times before, it's high coverage, easy to blend and stays put.
I use this on blemishes and sometimes on my nose, cheeks and chin instead of foundation. The only problems with this is that it does seen to crease under the eye and the writing always comes off the tube. Super annoying but at £4.19, I'll manage! 

Another blogger fave- the maybelline color tattoos! These are better than any cream eyeshadow or base I've used. I still use Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath. As I've got really oily eyelids, this makes sure they stay all day. The colours are really pigmented, and at only £4.99, you could buy three for the price of one Mac Paint Pot. There's nothing bad about these products, I just wish we had more colours over here in the UK. 

I'm a lover of winged eyeliner. I always use a thin brush so I achieve perfection. I've used a lot of high end eyeliners to find my holy grail, but this eyeliner from Rimmel is just as good as the others! It's only £5.29, it has a thin tip and it lasts all day. Everything I need in a liner. 

When I first bought these Revlon Lip Butters, I didn't really believe the hype. Could they be really pigmented and provide hydration? They really can. These are great to put on when you don't have time for lipstick. At £7.99 they are a little more expensive than some drugstore lipsticks but Boots and Superdrug often have them in 2 for £10. Bargain! 

The last product can't be bought in store in the UK, but as it's so cheap and I use it everyday, I had to include it. The e.l.f eyebrow kit includes a tinted wax, a powder, a brush and a mirror. I use the shade dark, but it's not very dark at all, you may want to look at swatches online before choosing your shade. I love the wax for keeping my brows in place. It's just as good as similar, more expensive products. It's a steal at £3.95.

I love all the products I've mentioned. I would or have repurchased these items again and again. 
Are there any products you'd recommend from the drugstore/high street? Let me know in the comments, I would love to try them out! 
Xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I´m loving your blog it´s great how I would say fresh you are writing so I nominated your for the Liebster Award for more informations checkout my blog ♥ http://xenibee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little blog you have hear...

    love the design and the pictures :)

    had a great read so glad I clicked on your blog

    would be amazing to see you over in my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    if you would like to follow each other would be amazing :)


    have a nice day

    jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, I will check your blog out now :) xx

      Delete
  3. I definitely agree with all of these lovely products! Especially the lip butters, they're wonderful

    http://mybloggreeneyedgirl.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which are your favourite colours? I need to try some more :)

      Delete
  4. These products are really good and I especially like eyeshadows. Great post and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete