Tuesday 5 August 2014

Mac and YSL haul- Debenhams lipstick sale

Last Tuesday was national lipstick day! I had no idea until I got an email from Debenhams that morning to say that as a celebration, they were giving 10% off all lipstick. I didn't know whether to be excited or gutted. Due to recent spending in an attempt to expand my limited edition MAC lipstick collection, I haven't got much cash spare. But I decided that the deal was too good to miss. So i'd just order one. That turned into two. Then three. Then four. And I stopped at 5 as most of the shades were sold out. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) two of my orders were cancelled. 
Debenhams were really generous and still sent me the free mystery gifts as promised for each of my orders, even those they cancelled. I wasn't really expecting more than one freebie, but I got all of this!

Alongside my three lipsticks, I received two hand creams, a body oil, perfume samples, Lancome samples and an Estee Lauder foundation brush. I haven't tried any of these products yet, but i'm very grateful as many are full sized and I will definitely get my use out of them. 
Anyway, onto the lipsticks...


I picked up one YSL Rouge Volupte in the shade 13- Peach Passion. This is usually £25, but was £20 in the sale. I love YSL packaging, texture and colour but only pick them up on special occasions due to the price. This colour is perfect for summer.

The next one I picked up is from MAC. They usually retail for £15.50, making them £10.50 in the sale. Patisserie seemed like the perfect nude for me as I dislike the 'concealer lips look' and wanted something for everyday. This lipstick is everything I expected and will be great for every day wear, but it doesn't make me think wow.  It's a lustre finish, which means it will be easy to apply. I will use this a lot and I'm really glad I picked it up. 

The other MAC lipstick I received was Pink Pigeon. This was a limited edition shade which MAC decided to make permanent. This is a gorgeous shade in a matte, but it isn't unique. It is quite like a lot of other lipsticks I own. It is a shade I gravitate towards, so I know I will wear it a lot. 


I'm really happy with the shades I got, especially at such a great discount. The two shades I ordered that were out of stock were Lady Danger and Please Me. I'm still lusting after these shades so I will probably pick them up in the near future. 

Did you pick up anything during the Debenhams one day sale?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment